Investments are something that everybody is reconsidering in the current scenario where fixed deposit rates have gone lower, real estate investments are long-term games and the age-old insurance and health insurance plans are still to yield substantial results. As a result, more and more people are now turning to mutual fund investments. However, one should know that mutual fund investments come with market linked risks and people should be careful about where they are investing in. There should be total knowledge and consultation with financial experts before choosing a suitable mutual fund to invest in. Of course, you would want to invest in mutual funds that give you tax benefits as well.
Here’s taking a look at the top mutual funds in India with CRISIL rankings and AUM exceeding Rs. 100 crore that you should learn more about:
- HDFC Balanced Fund- This mutual fund has the objective of garnering appreciation in capital from a portfolio that combines debt and equity based instruments. This scheme makes investments up to 60% in equities and the remainder is deployed across debt linked instruments. This fund has surpassed its benchmark and provided annual returns of around 20% in the last 5 years as per reports with the last year returns standing at 18%. The last 8-10 years have seen this fund performing largely well in spite of market volatility. The last 10 years have witnessed average annual returns of 15%.
- ICICI Prudential Balanced Fund- This mutual fund majorly invests its money in securities and equity in tandem with money market securities and fixed income generating instruments. 60% is deployed for equity with the remainder being spread across debt linked instruments. This fund has also surpassed its benchmark with annual returns of approximately 18% over the last 5 years and 16% in the last year. This fund has done well overall and deserves a closer look.
- L&T India Prudence Fund- This is one mutual fund that has the objective of ensuring capital appreciation in the long-term and returns on a periodic basis on a relatively balanced investment portfolio spanning both equity and debt linked instruments. This fund has also outstripped many of its rivals with 18% approximate annual returns seen in the last 5 years as per reports. The last year’s returns were 16%.
- HDFC Prudence Fund- This mutual fund aims at earning returns periodically along with capital appreciation for the long haul through both equity and debt. This fund has also outstripped its benchmark with average annual returns of around 17% over the last 5 years. The return for the last year has been 17%. This fund has offered 14% as an average annual return if you look at a time period of 10 years. This makes it a good bet for those looking for a more balanced yet high performing fund.
- Birla Sun Life 95 Balanced Fund- This mutual fund deploys investments of up to 60% in equities while the remainder is deployed in debt-linked instruments. This fund has also surpassed its benchmark with average annual returns of 17% over the last 5 years and 19% for the last 1 year. This fund has offered 12% as an average annual return considering a 10 year period as per reports.
These funds are suitable for investors who are in it for the long haul and who are anxious about market volatility. These funds are also suitable for those who are averse to high risk levels. The returns are not guaranteed although experts predict average annual returns hovering between 11-13% from these funds in the near future.